Georgia Council for the Arts Announces Cultural Facilities Grants
Thursday, July 29th, 2021
Applicants may apply for an FY22 Cultural Facilities Grant for the construction, renovation, or acquisition of a building, or the addition of equipment that supports arts programming. All facilities for which funding is being requested must be used for arts programs. The project for which support is being requested must start no earlier than November 1, 2021, and be completed no later than June 30, 2022.
If an organization is carrying out a very large capital project that will not be finished in its entirety by June 30, 2022, the applicant may apply for support for a single component or phase of that project.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Renovating a building to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Carrying out a preservation project on a historic building
- Constructing a new building for use as an arts facility
- Purchasing a building for use as an arts facility
- Building an outdoor stage or amphitheater
- Purchasing and installing permanent equipment. The only types of equipment that may be included in a Cultural Facilities Grant application are:
- HVAC systems,
- HEPA air filter equipment,
- seating, sound equipment,
- lighting equipment,
- projection systems,
- printing presses, and
- equipment to make programming accessible to people with disabilities, such as assistive listening devices.
Applicants must request at least $10,000 and no more than $75,000. Grants may be awarded for an amount less than what was requested.
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.